1. IPSEA: legal advice for educational support

    IPSEA provides free and independent online resources to help resolve common issues with getting the right educational support for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs...
  2. The Children’s Society Greenwich

    The Children’s Society is a children’s charity that helps children of all faiths and none, including children at risk on the streets, disabled children, young refugees, young carers or those...
  3. National Deaf Children’s Society

    NSCS provides support, information and advice for deaf children, young people and their families or professionals who work with them. The National Charity is dedicated to acting on behalf of...
  4. Greenwich Mencap

    Greenwich Mencap is a local member-led charity that works with and for people with a learning disability and their families. Our services for children and young people and their families...
  5. Greenwich Association of Disabled People

    Greenwich Association of Disabled People is dedicated to providing deaf and disabled people with the skills and knowledge they need to help gain independent living. They do this through a...
  6. Greenwich Toy and Leisure Association

    Greenwich Toy & Leisure Library Association is a toy library specifically designed for children with special needs and their families. The extensive toy library provides both a fun and educational...


  1. Profile photo of Lisa


    July 2, 2014

    Is there a group for parents with kids with a mild intellectual disability/GDD?

    • Profile photo of Joanne Delap

      Joanne Delap

      July 4, 2014

      Hi Lisa, we are not aware of any specific groups. It may be worth contacting Mencap or the Greenwich Toy Library, see above for contact details.

  2. Profile photo of Caroline Wilson

    Caroline Wilson

    October 29, 2014

    Hi, I’m looking for some help if anyone knows of any. Over the last year my husband and I have had a number of medical problems. I am now fully recovered and have to go to work. My husband still has problems breathing.

    The problem is we have a 10 year old special needs child who had moderate learning difficulties and is at 5 years behind his peers developmentally My employer has been very supportive but my leave is coming to an end so we need help with getting to and from school, mainly from school as I can take to school.. We have tried lots of places and it feels like I am being both pushed from pillar to post and going round in ever decreasing circles so does anyone know of any organisation that can help.

    Many thanks for any help advice or suggestions you are able to give

Add a comment

You must be logged in to comment.


We are an independent group of parents of children with disabilities or special educational needs. We know that children’s needs and circumstances can be very different. We are committed to giving a voice to all carers and parents in government.
Follow us: Twitter | Facebook
Terms of use | Privacy policy
Copyright Greenwich Parent Voice 2015
Greenwich Parent Voice
Skip to toolbar