Greenwich Carers Centre has contacted us with new information about a support service called South Thames Carers Support – Choose and Book. The Choose and Book service allows customers to choose a support worker, based on the workers personal profile and picture, which details the workers skills, experiences and interests.
You can use Direct Payments, Personal Budgets or Personal Health Budgets to pay for these services.
Here are some of the services (and examples of what they may include) that you can book a support worker to provide:
- Accompanying and befriending (Accompany out to the park, theatre or community group)
- Car journeys / driver (To be driven to a hospital appointment or shopping centre)
- Companionship (Provides some company, by spending quality time with a customer)
- Domestic support (dusting, hoovering, washing, ironing, taking the rubbish out)
- Going on errands, (collecting prescriptions or paying bills)
- Personal care (prompt to take medication, preparing meals or wash/bath)
- Respite (for when you need to take a break)
- My Own Personal (a bespoke package; including more than one of the services listed above)
Click on the links below for more detailed information and the referral form.
If you would like any further information or an informal chat to find out whether the service is suitable then please feel to contact the Choose and Book team by email or phone (see below).
Kellie Pearce: firstname.lastname@example.org 0208 102 9628
Deena Gilham: email@example.com 0208 102 9642