Changing Places toilets are different to standard disabled toilets with extra features and more space to meet the needs of disabled users. Users who benefit include children and adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities, as well as other serious impairments such as spinal injuries, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis or an acquired brain injury, who often need extra facilities to allow them to use the toilets comfortably.
Each Changing Places toilet provides:
Equipment: The right equipment
– a height adjustable adult-sized changing bench
– a tracking hoist system, or mobile hoist if this is not possible.
Changing Places toilet: Enough space
– adequate space in the changing area for the disabled person and up to two carers
– a centrally placed toilet with room either side for the carers
– a screen or curtain to allow the disabled person and carer some privacy.
Changing Places toilet: A safe and clean environment
– wide tear off paper roll to cover the bench
– a large waste bin for disposable pads
– a non-slip floor.
Locations in Greenwich
11 Giffin Street, Deptford, London, SE8 4RJ
2 Archery Road Eltham London, SE9 1HA
The O2, Peninsula Square, London, SE10 0DX Tel: 020 8463 2000
35 Wellington Street, Greenwich, SE18 6HQ Tel: 020 8854 8888
For more information, a map of locations throughout the UK and more info on each of these toilet locations in Greenwich go to the website: www.changing-places.org